I was looking through some old pictures from high school and college and I saw myself in various fun situations with long forgotten friends. Even though those were some wonderful times, I wouldn’t go back to those times for anything. Wait! I lied. It happens quarterly. I actually did want one detail back: MY SKIN! My complexion was to die for. Okay, you may not have laid down your life, but I love hyperbole AND my retro-skin.
As I have aged to 32 years young I have lost that effortless clear skin privilege. I have struggled through hormone fluctuation, hirsutism, and excessive stress just to name a few. Gone were the days of a little cold cream and out-the-door. As of late I have had a bout with acne that has seriously affected my “skin-confidence.”
Most people think of acne as a teenage skin problem, yet acne can continue through your adult years, especially in women. Adult skin/acne is different than young skin, so treatment of acne needs to be different. We deal with issues such as:
- Hormonal fluctuations – Caused by menstruation, menopause, or stress can lead to breakouts
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) – Discolorations of the skin caused by acne lesions and severe or prolonged irritation from harsh acne treatments
- Slower skin turnover – Makes facial skin susceptible to clogged pores and breakouts
Most acne products currently do not address the needs of more mature skin, so it felt only right to try a product specifically formulated for my age demographic to combat my newly found skin issues. I tried the Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Line of products targeted especially for adult sufferers of acne about 2 weeks ago. The first thing I liked about this system was that it was dummy-proof with steps. I definitely need steps because my attention span leaves much to be desired. Here are the steps and my look at each one:
easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Pore Clarifying Cleanser — does not foam (which I know can bother some people), very soothing, not drying.
- Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Skin Clearing Treatment — absorbs into skin well, doesn’t burn. I have been following the directions on the package (use 1-3x a day) and only using it once a day because I think more than that would be too drying. Another note, does have a slight smell to it.
- Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Complexion Renewing Lotion — I was surprised when I first used this and discovered it to be more of a serum as opposed to a traditional lotion. It isn’t greasy and does a good job of balancing out the treatment.
Before & After 2 weeks of use...
Within a two-week period I saw a definite change in my skin. There was a decrease in blemishes and I also noticed that my skin was softer to the touch. I also liked that it was not drying like many acne treatments tend to be. In fact it moisturized without greasiness or heaviness. I definitely intend to keep on using Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Line as part of my skin regimen going forward.
While we’re on the subject of taking care of your skin, you might want to check out this post by Roxanna Sarmiento in the Life Well Lived section of BlogHer.com. She has some great tips for developing habits that will help your skin looks its best! http://goo.gl/IxOpP
Answer the following question to enter to win a $50 drugstore.com gift card from BlogHer and Olay Professional Pro-X Clear Line:
What changes have you seen in your skin as you’ve grown older?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
Enter between October 3rd – November 3rd